Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Five on Friday - Five From My Phone

Is it Friday already?  Man these weeks go fast.  In fact, I've been so busy that I had originally planned NOT to do a Five on Friday post this week because I just didn't have the time or energy.
However, one hour into my day at school today, I received a phone call from my daughter's school letting me know that she was sick and needed to be picked up early.  So, now I'm home with a little girl who is resting comfortably,  and I have several "bonus" hours to use today.
 
Don't worry -- I'll get some practical stuff done too, but first I'll join in with Amy's "Five on Friday" and link up with her blog, Love Made My Home.
 
 
 
So here they are - five photos from my phone that show how my week shaped up around here:
 
 
Number One: Our youngest son, Camden had his first soccer game of the season.  He plays on Team Sunshine and wears a uniform to match.  He was quite disappointed about not winning his first game but he ensures me that he will try even harder next week.  Too cute!
 




Number Two:  Do you see this temperature? Wow.  We've had some very summery, hot, hot days already in May. In fact, we've had our air conditioning on a few times!

 
 
 
Number Three:  What goes with hot days?  Mojitos of course.  I had some leftover mint and wasn't sure what to use it for.  Hubby came up with the best plan "so we don't waste food," and went and bought all the ingredients needed for Mojitos.  There was NO wasted mint in our house this week!



Number Four:  Still baking a cake a week.  This week my son requested a cake with raspberries in it so I made a Double Chocolate Blackout Cake with raspberry jam in between the layers.  Up on top I swirled some white and pink whipped cream, perfectly feminine for Mother's Day last weekend. 
 




Number Five: Oh how I love this lilac-y time of year.  I went out and cut several bunches of lilacs this morning and our home smells heavenly now!  My trees are COVERED in blossoms and I look forward to several more days of fresh cut blooms!


Have a wonderful weekend everyone.  It's a long weekend around here as Monday is Victoria Day.  We've got some fun and relaxing plans and I am looking forward to sharing some of them with you next week!
 
Hugs to all!
 
XOXO
 
Bronwyn

21 comments:

  1. The lilac looks idyllic, as does the cake, Mojitos and the handsome little man. I am certainly envious of the temperature, we have had to light the stove a couple of times this week as the temperatures keep dropping. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temperatures continued all weekend! We've had a lovely long-weekend here near Toronto. Outside play, gardening, BBQs - it has been perfect!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE lilac, it's so swoony. We used to have an enormous, overgrown bush in the garden but sadly, it had to go, it outgrew us, but I do miss it in May. I hope the patient feels better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to plant a new tree I guess! it'll be worth the few years it takes to bloom! My daughter is much improved- thank you!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear that your daughter is not so well, but glad that it gave you some extra time to join in. I hope that your daughter is much better soon. Beautiful lilacs! Sorry to be brief today, but thank you so much for joining in despite me being missing. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. She is much improved, thank-you. I hope you are feeling better soon too and that the weekend brought you some rest and reflection time.

      Delete
  4. I do love a bunch of lilac, I don't think it is even flowering here yet. Can I pop in for a mojito and and slice of cake please? Hope your daughter is feeling better. It has been a sick house here, too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lilacs there yet, huh? Usually the UK is so far ahead of us in all the flowers of the season. Mine should be in bloom for about 3-4 more days, then they'll be spent. I've been breathing in their scent as much as I can!!

      Delete
  5. Oh what a lovely five! Your cake looks delicious and I love your lilac, it's beautiful. Well done to Camden and u hope your daughter is starting to feel better. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake was marvellous! WhenI am finished replying here I am going to get started on this week's cake - and Almond Tea Cake. Mmm.....

      Delete
  6. that cake looks delicious, can I have a slice? I love lilac also but such a short blooming time...enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll mail you slice - big or little? Yep the lilacs will be spent in a day or two so I'm enjoying their scent as much as I can!

      Delete
  7. Sorry your little girl is sick but "bonus" hours are always nice aren't they? I am counting down the days until summer vacation. The students last day is June 4th and mine is the 5th which happens to be my birthday too. Can't ask for a better gift than that! Have a lovely 3-day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some laundry and some scrapbooking done in my bonus hours. It was lovely. We teach right up until the 24th of June, then we don't head back until the second week of September. Counting down the weeks....

      Delete
  8. The cake you made looks amazing. And I can smell the heavenly fragrance of the lilacs. I hope your little daughter is feeling better. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It has been a lovely weekend so far - warm and sunny with outdoor time and BBQs. You can't beat it!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks. Love sharing my many, many photos!!

      Delete
  10. Love the fact you used up all the mint. No wastage in your house - love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. No waste-age! And we've almost managed to use up all of the rum, too! : )

      Delete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!